10 Nov 2013

The Smart Generation's - fairyage

                                             THE SMART GENERATION

The other day I was reminded of how unperceptive I was as a child. Our lack of exposure to media and technology made us very naive compare to today's children as I discovered.

My four year old daughter was playing with her cousin who was having some difficulty with his train set. As the train refused to move on the track he asked why it had stopped. To this my daughter said, "the train can't go ahead because the halat are bad. they are burning buses and cars." I didn't know what  to say, I knew she had heard one of us adults discussing the situation or heard it on the news bulletin...it saddened me that he was exposed to such hate crime at such a young age; I expected that she would be immune and unaware of such events still she grows a little older.

All the news breaks and coverage leaves us umved now; all we care about is if our school and office is open or closed and then we go about our routine life with in the house. We do not give a second's thought to the victims and their families and how helpless they feel about their unfortunate circumstances, or about those innocent children who miss school due to the tense situation which leads to a loss in their academic and social progress.

The children who have access to technology and the new gadgets like itouch, ipad and iphone have some activity to keep them busy. At the same time they are getting smarter due to all the exposure. The ease with which they download games, learn the rules of each game and reach high scores is baffling. Their conversations are about the new games they have discovered and how the can get higher scores than Mom and Dad.

At times I wonder if learning so much so quickly is good for them but then I remind myself that each decade has its advances in the form of access to information, popular gadgets and trends. Maybe the children of each decade have their brains attuned to the sort of material they will be exposed to once they enter this world and I appease myself by thinking that GOD has a system on this Earth and everything.

here...Alas Mrose...the original contents by www.sensualityface.com or www.fairyage.com / simplified with the help of international DAWN NEWS

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home